UC Instructor Training Program
The requirement levels are described below. All Instructor candidates will require vetting and assessment before commencing this program. Successful candidates will be required to maintain a sufficient level of fitness and proficiency through further training, via UC classes/seminars & workshops on a periodic basis throughout the year.
All candidates will maintain Instructor status so long as they maintain a desire to learn. Those seeking additional instructional experience are welcome to attend and assist on any UC seminar, workshop or event in the UK, Ireland or Europe free of charge, outside of their own travel and accommodation expenses.
Details on the instructors can be found at the pages below:
- 1st Gen: 2008 UC Instructor's Course review
- 2nd Gen: 2010 UC Instructor's Course review
- 3rd Gen: Current apprentice instructors
For further details or applications, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Understanding the definition of the term Combatives.
- The 3 phases of confrontation, pre-conflict/conflict/post-conflict.
- Full understanding of all training models and Soft Skills; Colour Conditions/Game plan/Options/Resources.
- Competence in all elements relating to the following Hard Skills: Palm Strike/Slap/Hammer-fist Strike/Elbow Strike/Knee Strike/Takedown/Finishing with your feet.
- Understanding competent feeding of the pads and use of training Kit.
- Understanding and employment of Simulation training as a learning resource.
- Situational offence; the Default Response and vertical counter grappling.
- Recap of all Combative principles/foundations and the Self-Protection Game Plan.
- Understanding the Colour Codes & additional training models; The OODA Loop/Vital Pyramid.
- Focus on looping gross-motor strikes together into logical and adaptable attacks plans, based on the subject's energy/continuous attack/forward pressure/ferocious intent a.k.a the Game Plan (worse case scenario).
- Understanding of body mechanics and the manifestation of force.
- Understanding deceptive kinesis and combative mindset.
- Situational offence; continuous punching attack/Default, cover and fend to counter response/counter tackle.
- The Combative use of improvised weapons.
- Full understanding of the UC 'On the Sharp Edge' Program including all educational elements.
- Knife crime statistics; knifer's MO: concealment, access and deployment.
- All training models relating to counter edged weapons including the 3 E's.
- Action-Reaction theory/Training/Action Pyramid/weapon definition/eliminating intent.
- Body language cue recognition.
- Dealing with the threat before access and deployment.
- Offensive use of an edged weapon along with certain variations, namely efficient Combative use/street bastardisations/jail house methods.
- The blade-fend position/fending the attack lines/counter offensive tools/putting it all together.
- Static hold up threat/ambush attacks/Combative mentality/medical management.
- Revamp of all UC principles and foundational training models.
- An understanding of all aspects relating to multiple assailants.
- An understanding all aspects relating to ground fighting and counter grappling.
- Competent use of all secondary tools and natural bodily weapons including biting/gouging/ballistic manipulations.
- Offensive weapons module.
- Counter impact weapons.
- Subject control.
- The dynamics of chokes and strangles.
- Full understanding, along with a fair degree of fitness and competence of all aspects relating to Combatives conditioning/ATP drills and functional strength training along with the specific reasons for their employment.
- Full understanding of state access and state management, adrenal stress training, and scenario/simulation training design.
Grade Five - Instructor Status
- Full understanding & competent demonstration of all and any part of the entire UC curriculum, randomly at any given time.
- Full understanding of how people learn (VAK) Visual/Auditory/Kinaesthetic.
- Understanding differing learning curves and how we adapt for such.
- Certain elements of Neural Based Learning applicable to subject matter.
- Representational systems/accelerated learning/building rapport with a class.
- Observation and assessment/understanding the levels of learning/chunking skills/learning in a conscious state/learning in an emotional state along with elements to cultivate this/state management.
- Program design from warm up to warm down/the whys & hows along with attached variables.
- Communication skills.
- Scenario training design along with control of all elements concerned from safety to plugging in the experience.
- Further development/support systems/attribute development/additional Combative disciplines.
- Adaptability to differing rules of engagement; Civilian/Military/Law Enforcement/Security/women and children.
- Full understanding of the current UK/European law in relation to all aspects of Civilian use of force and self-protection.
Instructional enrolment fee includes all of the following:
- First year's Annual Membership to the Urban Combatives Association.
- UC licence, grading and seminar attendance record book.
- Full certification of each grade as and when successfully passed.
- All required resource material as and when applicable to each level of progression, including all available books & DVDs at a significant cost price discount.
- Full Instructor's Curriculum manual.
- Full discount on all additional UC merchandise and events.
- 30 hours of small group tuition (3-6) apprentice instructors.
- 2 designated 3 hour instructor classes a month over a 6-month period.
- Designated gradings for each level of competence.
- One non-chargeable resit for each grade level, in the event that any candidate is unsuccessful the first time.